The Kentucky Career Center – Lincoln Trail Youth Program provides services that assist eligible 16- to 24-year-olds with post-secondary education, skills training and high-demand job opportunities. We offer assistance at no cost to help you start your career path, whether you’re looking for the right career or the education and training you need to pursue your dream job.
Here are just some of the things our career counselors can help you do:
- Find out what careers match your interests and talents.
- Learn about the soft skills that will make you marketable to employers.
- Know what the hot careers are and what industries are offering the most opportunity.
- Determine if you qualify for free training or tuition.
- Find resources for tutoring, post-secondary education, skills training, leadership development and mentoring.
- Get practical advice for landing a great job.
Through the Youth Program, you may be eligible for up to $4,000 per school year to pay tuition for an associate’s degree in a high-demand field, the last two years of a bachelor’s degree in a high-demand field, industry certifications or similar job skills training. To find out if you qualify for financial services, schedule an appointment at the Career Center nearest you. The Youth Program is made possible by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.