The Kentucky Career Center – Lincoln Trail is the one-stop solution for job seekers. Our extensive services are designed to help you land the right job, whether it’s your first job, your next job or an entirely new career. We invite job seekers to visit any of our four career centers for a range of free career and job search services. Our expert staff can help you find the educational and skills training for a better job. too.
- Career Counseling is available at no cost to all Kentucky Career Center – Lincoln Trail visitors. Our counselors are ready to share localized labor market data and job leads and learn about your interests, skills and experience. Job seekers also are invited to use career center computers and Internet access to search for jobs, write a resume and other tasks related to their job search. We can even provide the space and equipment for job interviews via videoconference.
- As you begin your job search, be sure to check out these video presentations for helpful tips on completing an application, writing a resume and interviewing.
Finding a Job
- Working closely with many employers across the region, the career center staff has the latest information about who’s hiring and what skills are in demand. Our counselors also provide one-on-one assistance with writing a great resume and cover letter or completing applications, helping you give employers the best first impression. Visit Tools for Finding a Job to learn more. If you have or think you have a disability that is affecting your ability to work, we have qualified job seeker staff ready to assist you.
- We offer a number of workplace skills development opportunities to all job seekers. Free workshops that help build skills from interviewing to basic computer applications are offered regularly at the career centers. Classes and schedules vary, so it’s best to call your nearest career center for upcoming workshops.
- Those who have lost their job through no fault of their own may qualify for unemployment benefits. You can get hands-on assistance with filing your claim and start your search for a new job or career at a career center
Kentucky HEALTH PATH
- The Kentucky Career Center - Lincoln Trail is working with Kentucky HEALTH to provide services to help beneficiaries gain education and skills training and find good-paying jobs. For more information about Kentucky HEALTH and the community engagement requirement, also known as PATH, please visit kentuckyhealth.ky.gov.