Any employer with at least 50 employees, who is laying off at least 15 employees, is encouraged to file a claim on behalf of their employees through the Mass Electronic Claim (E-Claims) process.
Please find below the most up-to-date information and instructions regarding employers filing E-Claims.
Employer Information E-Claim Guide (IMPORTANT: REVIEW FIRST)
- An overview of the E-Claim process and requirements for employers and claimants. Employer Information E-Claim Guide
Employer Directions for Submitting an E-Claim File
- Instructions to complete the actual E-Claim File using the excel “E-Claim Template”. Employer Directions Submitting E-Claim File
E-Claim Data Error Reporting
- Steps to take in the event of incorrect data or an E-Claim error. E-Claim Data Error Reporting
Example of Claimant Directions
- An example for the employer of the document the claimant will receive once the E-claim is processed. Employer Claimant Directions
The E-Claim Template
- This is the actual E-Claim file that the employer will submit to the Office of Unemployment Insurance at UIeclaims@ky.gov to initiate the claim filing. E-Claim Template. The downloadable Excel file template must be used.
Please note that the “return to work date within 4 weeks” requirement is temporarily suspended. Due to the current situation, we are allowing employers to file for the employees even if the layoff may extend beyond that time period.
Here is a link to the UI Debit Card Info for employees.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mass Electronic Claim for Unemployment Insurance at 502-564-2369 or UIeclaims@ky.gov .