When employers ask for the Kentucky National Career Readiness Certificate, they’ll know they are recruiting the best employees. The KY NCRC evaluates three essential workplace skills that are considered the best predictors of workplace success:
- Applied mathematics
- Reading for information
- Locating information
Kentucky businesses need a skilled workforce more than ever to meet today’s challenges, but survey after survey reveals employers have at least some trouble finding the right skilled job candidates. The KY NCRC, issued by ACT, gives employers objective documentation based on WorkKeys assessments and has proven to be a reliable indicator of workplace success.
The certificate is awarded at three levels, based on an individual’s scores.
- Platinum – individual has the skills for 99 percent of the jobs in ACT’s extensive database of job profiles
- Gold – Skills for 90 percent of jobs
- Silver – Skills for 65 percent of jobs
With the KY NCRC, employers are able to:
- Enhance employment screening and only interview applicants with essential skills, positioning themselves to cut training costs, cut turnover and improve the bottom line.
- Use the certificate as a plus factor to help select the right candidate for employment or promotion.
- Spend training dollars on advanced, job-specific skills that increase productivity and quality rather than foundational skills.
For more information and to find out how you can best use the certificate at your organization, contact the Kentucky Career Center – Lincoln Trail or:
When job seekers earn the KY NCRC, they earn a portable credential that helps define their skills for employers now and in the future. Job seekers will be able to more effectively market their skills including:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from documents to solve problems
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work problems
- Setting up and performing calculations
- Locating, analyzing and applying information that is presented graphically
For more information on earning the KY NCRC, contact the Kentucky Career Center – Lincoln Trail. You may qualify for free testing.